Every time

Wednesday, April 30, 2014



Every time I have a direct experience with the immediate blessings of the atonement I am amazed. 

Tonight I began having some health related struggles and it was causing me physical pain. I did all that I could to alleviate the discomfort. I chose to let my body do what needed to be done and recognized that my body was doing it's very best to maintain health. I naturally began to dialogue with God. Within moments of truly feeling connected to Him, which came when I surrendered my fear and resistance, I felt the divine, warm, life fill my full being. My arms and legs became so wrapped in a feeling of a flowing, golden light. 

And here I sit awestruck at the reality of the atonement, that at any time, in any moment I can connect to God and be filled with His peace, just as he promised. My health issue is not gone, but the pain is. The suffering and the resistance has been replaced with peace, contentment, and acceptance. 

This scripture came to mind in alma 26: 27 
And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me. 

The reality of the atonement, the reality of His peace is amazing. It leaves me speechless, and full of praise to Him who overcame all that we might not suffer as He did for us. (D&C 19:16-17) 

I echo the David's psalm,

33 I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.

34 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord.
(Psalms 104:33-34)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment