It is in giving that we receive

Monday, May 26, 2014


Recently I have been absolutely obsessed with the phrase "it is in giving that we receive."
I have practiced in moments when I feel unsettled in any way to stop and give love, or whatever I am in need of. It is amazing that in forgiving, I receive open forgiveness. In removing a spirit of accusation and filling it with a spirit of love and kindness I am blessed with liberation from others accusations or the accusations of the evil one. 

There is full liberation from all we lack and  restoration to what we desire when we give freely that we might receive freely. I've seen it over and over. Experienced it over and over. It truly is in giving that we receive. Jesus taught this in his message of freely forgiving. Of doing unto others what you want done to yourself. For that which you send out, cometh back to you. 

It is the little acts that measure up to a lifestyle of giving and receiving love. 

This prayer has been hung on my wall, you have probably heard it before. It is one of my top favorites. 

"Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love,
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved, as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment